Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Looking for an aircraft anti collision light circuit using LEDs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks ALOT KJEAD!!

Thats just about what I'm looking for. You did a Fantastic job on the A380 model! Do you have by any chance the circuit scheme just for the red beacons on the fuselage that's what I'm really having trouble with? I have multiple projects that require such a 1 second on, 1 second off continuous burst of light. What is the easiest way I can achieve this effect? What components will I need? Thank You again!

Em2000

Seems like for a red beacon you would need a fade-in/fade-out/pause circuit to simulate rotation.

Ken

Last edited:
If you want a blinker without synchronization to other lights, you can use a 555 timer in astable mode set up for 50% duty cycle. There are examples all over the internet.

Last edited:
So what are you now really looking for? Aircraft navigational lights or anti-collision lights?

Navigational lights are starboard (right wing): longitudinal axis to +100 degrees, colour: green
port (left wing): longitudinal axis to -100 degrees, colour: red, (tail light) +/-10 degrees from longitudinal axis around the tail, colour: white. All those lights are normally steady.

Anticollision lights are either mounted underneath the fuselage or on top (ideally both underneath and on top. They are strobe lights emitting in all directions. Colour: white, strobe frequency 1Hz.

To have all lights on your aircraft model the right way you need to provide the light sources with the right angles of view.

It can easily be done by using coloured acrylic glass shaped from 0 to 100 degrees with the light source hitting the glass at a right angle.

The strobe lights (anti-collision lights) should be operated using a timer circuit with an output frequency of 1Hz, all other lights don't need to be flashed. Most aircraft's anti-collision lights are strobed alternating. (No problem for a timer output).

Boncuk

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back