Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Looking for a TEA5711 DIP integrated circuit

Status
Not open for further replies.
TEA5711

**broken link removed**

This product has been discontinued

**broken link removed**

radiomate said:
Hi Guys, I am working on a receiver project and I need a TEA5711 DIP integrated circuit. I searched the net for weeks, no luck! The IC was manufactured by Philips and it is available in the DIP or surface mount package. I need the DIP package. Any ideas or pointers to where I can purchase this IC will be appreciated. If you'd like to see my homemade radios, go to: http://www.midcenturyradios.com/Radios-HM.html

Lovely Radios, Radiomate !!
If you get SMDs, put a child card (smd to dip adopter)and manage

hotwaterwiz, thanks for the links, but these have a minimum quantity of 1 million (well almost!)... I found a retailer in Germany who has the IC, here's the link: http://www.elw-shop.de/Default.aspx?CategoryID=Summer&selection=0... Did you check my homemade radios?

mvs sarma, glad you like my work. The TEA5711 I got is shrink DIP (SDIP), which is larger then the SMD, but smaller than the regular DIP, so I guess I will manage. I will use a wrap type SDIP socket, and spread the 1/2 inch long pins, wich will give me enough space for the components.

radiomate said:
hotwaterwiz, thanks for the links, but these have a minimum quantity of 1 million (well almost!)... I found a retailer in Germany who has the IC, here's the link: http://www.elw-shop.de/Default.aspx?CategoryID=Summer&selection=0... Did you check my homemade radios?

mvs sarma, glad you like my work. The TEA5711 I got is shrink DIP (SDIP), which is larger then the SMD, but smaller than the regular DIP, so I guess I will manage. I will use a wrap type SDIP socket, and spread the 1/2 inch long pins, wich will give me enough space for the components.

why sir, So much a round about method method?
Are you hand wiring on general purpose board? Why not develop a pcb fir the SDIP package!!

I am using Manhattan style construction (very popular), not making a printed circuit board, I don't have a set-up for photo-etching, unfortunately. Manhattan style is fast and easy. I will look for a SDIP to DIP adaptor (or make my own) to simplify things.

The circuit I am building can be found in the TEA5711 product specification document: **broken link removed** (Figure 8). I am building the FM stereo receiver portion only. Another guy built this receiver before and said the performance was superb, so I am pretty exited about this project.

radiomate said:
The circuit I am building can be found in the TEA5711 product specification document: **broken link removed** (Figure 8). I am building the FM stereo receiver portion only. Another guy built this receiver before and said the performance was superb, so I am pretty exited about this project.

If it is for educational project , Fine and please go ahead. If for personal use, better to drop and buy a cheap stereo FM receiver and extend the audio to home audio, or use head phones.

radiomate said:

According to the application note, it's intended for portable radios and walkman type radios, so I'm doubtful about it's quality - looks like a cheap radio, and that's about it.

Like mvs sarma says, it's perhaps worth while as an educational project, but not if you want a radio.

Philips designed the TDA7088T for cheap monophonic FM radios where a minimum number of components is required. It has low RF sensitivity, mediocre strong signal handeling, and RC (resistor/capacitor) derived selectivity. The TDA5711 is much better with 2uV sensitivity, 3 outer filters for selectivity and better strong sig. perf. The only drawback is the 30dB stereo channel seperation, but that's good enough for a portable or homemade unit, specially that standalone MPX stereo decoder ICs offer a marginaly better separation at 35 or 40dB.. In any case, homebrewers make radios for the statisfaction they get, not because they need a radio ;-)

radiomate said:
mvs sarma, your aproval is not required. Cheers

Perhaps you got me , on the other side. I did mean that I admire your interest and felt happy. May be with my English, I couldn't express it. I never meant approval or any such thing.
All the best.

Fm Ic

WOW! I just checked out your site. IC you are a perfectionist. Searching for radio IC's is a real pain in the neck. In the past I used only transistors and diodes but have recently moved to IC receivers. I found an interesting IC inside a cheap AM-FM mono portable radio recently purchased from a local store. For less than 10 bucks I have found internal parts worth much more if ordered seperately. One IC is of particular interest. Its an SA2003, AM-FM receiver which I found a complete lead pinout with receiver examples. I cannot find a supplier here in the US for that IC but thats ok. I recently bought a really cheap am-fm clock radio, also for less than 10 bucks which has nearly identicle parts. The SA2003 is a 16 pin Dip. You can see it at, silan.com.cn

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back