Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

looking for a project in electronic of transmission

Status
Not open for further replies.
I though car transmissions were hydraulic/mechanical. Maybe the speedometer pickup is electronic these days. Use to be a small plastic gear and a long shielded cable to the guage on the dashboard...

Early Vauxhall (GM) Astra GTE cars didn't use shielded cable from the gearbox sender to the dashboard.

Speedo pickups on a lot of cars are now derived from an ABS sensor. The ABS ECU provides a nice clean pulse for the rest of the vehicle systems.

transmissions nowadays are controlled by the computer with soleniods along with the hydraulic valve body

:) I just took a wild guess, but has been educational. The newest vehicle I've owned was 14 years old, a '91 Explorer. It's got a bunch of crap on it I've never seen before. Still haven't found the fuel filter on it. Did manage to figure out how to get the radio out. Wasn't working because nothing was plugged into the back. FM doesn't seem to work, but the tape play is good. AM radio wouldn't be so bad, if my spanish was better. Three years with out tunes, can't complain, after all, it is a Ford P.O.S.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back