Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Looking for a part designation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

HugoC

Hi all.

Many years ago I came across an article that showed how to improve the reliability of those ~10$ power bars, the with 5-6 3 prong 120V outlet used by many to power their pc setup. The article was about a voltage surge and spike spike suppressor or attenuator if I remember well.

As I recall, it was a simple mater of soldering 3 discrete parts across the 3 wires taken 2 by 2. (see joined drawing)

These parts were disc capacitors looking, about the size of a 5 cents coin maybe a bit thicker.

These were no capacitors though and I don't recall what they were called in the article nor do I recall their specifications although they were the same for the 3 of them.

Would anyone have a clue of what these parts could be and their specifications for the proposed usage?

Thanks for any feedback

Hugo

Attachments

• Circ1.gif
    Circ1.gif
    1.8 KB · Views: 141
Yep! Mov. That sounds a bell and the image of it presented in the link is what I had in mind. Any idea of an adequate rating for the project?

Thanks for the fast reply.

Hugo

I suggest to have a look at those.
**broken link removed**

V07E130, V10E130 could be a nice choice depending your requirement.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back