Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Looking for a latch

Status
Not open for further replies.

jack0987

I think what I want is a 4 bit latch similar in function to the 744511 except that, in this case, the four outputs will reflect the inputs when latched. High spped is not an issue.

Please suggest a part number.

Thanks mike and ron.

I think a 74LS75 is the best choice for me. I am not sure yet if the latching takes place on the high or low transition like the 4511's that I am using for the display.

You mentioned that TTL is not used much anymore. i'm way behind the times, I guess.
Should I consider something else?

What I mean by TTL not being used much anymore is the 7400 series. There are newer logic families that replaced the standard 7400 series. Have a look here for some info on logic families.

**broken link removed**

**broken link removed**

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back