Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

looking for a 130db mini buzzer

Status
Not open for further replies.

chownsy

I been looking to source a 130db beeper/buzzer for a project im working on.

I can buy a personal alarm and rip it apart, but thats a waste if i can find someone who supplies just the beeper unit.

Does anyone know where i can get one these from (needs to be small, like the personal alarm ones)

A very loud beeper is 100dB at 1m. But the little ones have their loudness measured when it is so close to your ears that you almost wear it.
Sound level is attenuated 6dB for each doubling of distance unless you are in a very reverberant room.

So 130dB at 5cm is 124dB at 10cm, 118dB at 20cm, 112dB at 40cm, 106dB at 80cm and about 105dB at 1m.
Sonalert make some very loud beepers. But they are pretty big.
Have you seen the huge "sound-cannon" used by police? It is very loud.

Attachments

• sound cannon.JPG
    sound cannon.JPG
    5.9 KB · Views: 279
I been looking to source a 130db beeper/buzzer for a project im working on.

I can buy a personal alarm and rip it apart, but thats a waste if i can find someone who supplies just the beeper unit.

Does anyone know where i can get one these from (needs to be small, like the personal alarm ones)

This is the type I use on my house alarm system, its VERY LOUD.
Sound Bomb Internal Sounder 111db 12v 190mA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back