Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Looking for 68000-based development board

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, everyone. I want to revisit my youth, in which I did a lot of assembly coding for the 68000 CPU. I want a single-board computer/dev board/evaluation board that has something like this:

-A real 68000 CPU (or a 680x0)
-Some RAM
-Flash ROM or EEPROM and a means of programming it
-Some mechanism of turning the computer on and off
-Some mechanism of giving input into the CPU and getting output out (like switches, LEDs, etc)

I want to be able to code in assembly and C and push my code to the Flash, and have the CPU power up and start executing it.

Unfortunately, I'm too dumb to design the circuit myself. I don't need more than one of these boards, so a one-off or a second-hand item would be fine.

Richard

This is pure speculation and I do not know the implementation details. But have you thought about a 68000 engine running on a standard PC. In terms of assembly language etc that would do what you want, I think, but of course, it would not give you the physical board.

spec

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back