Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Looking for 20cm colored F2F jumpers for 0.1" type headers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mosaic

Hi all:
I bought some of these items from EBAY, but all seem to be copper clad alum, which degrade fast. I need pure copper items. Does anyone have a suggested supplier?

thx

Can't help you finding guaranteed copper wires
I was going to cut a wire and post a picture. But no time now. Here are some pictures from Pololu.
You can go to digikey.com have have them made using any wire you want. The price will not be good if you only want 1000.
0J2541.1200.jpg

0J2542.1200.jpg

Wire is magnetic.. so it's copper clad steel....still sux.
Can u check Pololu wire with a magnet please Ron.?

Edit...some wire is copper clad steel and others are definitely copper clad alum (silver when scraped but not magnetic) ....the steel wires are not bad, but the alum sux .

Last edited:
Wire is magnetic.. so it's copper clad steel....still sux.
Can u check Pololu wire with a magnet please Ron.?

Edit...some wire is copper clad steel and others are definitely copper clad alum (silver when scraped but not magnetic) ....the steel wires are not bad, but the alum sux .

I've never seen any aluminium wire, I would have thought it's not supple enough to make such thin wires from, and the strands would tend to break.

Likewise, I've never seen any aluminium mains wire used in the UK either, although apparently the large pylons use it - but that's rather outside of my experience :D

Likewise, I've never seen any aluminium mains wire used in the UK
I believe it was used in domestic installations in the 70's or thereabouts, but connections proved unreliable over time.

Aluminum conductors are still used in some instances in the USA. The application of Noalox on the terminations prevents oxidization at the termination.

Dangerous Prototypes will build cables to your specifications. The price per cable isn't bad if you buy in quantity.

RG-174 mini coax (about 1/8" / 3mm dia.) has copper coated steel as the core. We used this cable for pigtails for large multi-conductor cables or in bundles of 10 or 12 to jump between instruments in a portable measurement system. When flexed a lot, the steel core punches through the soft dielectric causing shorts to the shield. So much fun trying to troubleshoot a problem that changes every time you move a cable!

I'm asking my PCBA supplier about sourcing the jumpers.
I also found this which buries Pololu in cost effective pricing as they sell 1 crimp end 1x3 plastic housing for 0.79. Ordered 3 sets.
**broken link removed**

Pololu price for 50, 6" jumpers is 12.50, or about a quarter each, which I find steep. Best price break is 20c each.

I might have to bite the bullet and get some if Elecrow can't source.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back