Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Looking for 20 db notch filter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dick Cappels

I am looking for a compact and low power filter for a consumer product that can provide better than 20 db attenuation in a notch stretching over an octave. The more highly integrated the better -can anybody recommend an integrated filter or a neat circuit trick that can achieve this with very few parts?

in a notch stretching over an octave
That is hardly a notch filter, more a bandstop filter.

JimB

Notch filter; Do you want to remove one tone like 440hz or one octave like 1khz to 2khz?

I guess the power supply has to be known in order to recommend and IC. The power source will the a single Li-ion cell and I am hopeful that I an use it without a regulator, so it would operate from 4.2 down to about 3.5 volts.

It need to reduce a broad resonant peak between 200 Hz and 350 Hz by about 20 db and another one from about 5 kHz to 8 kHz.

The input signal will come from a preamplifier that will be designed to drive the filter.

The LMC835 looks like it would work but it needs a lot of parts and some digital device such as a microcontroller to set it up at power-on.

Analog Devices has a good DSP solution but I have a tight deadline and no time to learn their development platform.

Any ideas will be welcomed.

Well your requirements are still pretty vague, but what you want isn't a notch filter - it's simply a combined low-pass and high pass filter - in fact two of them, a pair for each band you want to attenuate.

So a handful of opamps and passive components.

Deleted post.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back