Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Lookie what i just got! (also need some info)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Those Dallas "smart sockets" and the memory chips with internal batteries were a 10 year ticking time bomb. People who designed with them weren't thinking ahead 10 years to "what happens if the product is successful and starts to fail en masse ten years from now."

Customers don't like when their data collectors don't remember the date and are quoted a large price to effectively change a battery. Fortunately not my design nor the part of the company where I had any responsibility.

I wasnt sure if they were internal batteries, if so its a non starter. Rocking horse **** is easier to find

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back