Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Look this unusual 2 watt FM tx please!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Willen

I found this 2 Watt FM TX very unusual. It is only an oscillator. Can this tx produce 2 watt rf directly by this oscillator? Will it be stable if i touched to antenna?
Look this sentence "BB204 could be
replaced with
conventional led
(big) with reverse
bias (no light
given in correct
polarity)."
what kind of Led will work as a varicap diode? Any picture? Make me clear please

Last edited:
Many LEDs and even schottkey diodes behave as varicaps. You are trying in FM range, better use two conventional BB104 and wire them accordingly.

It is reasonable to think you can get 2 watts or so out of that circuit since it looks like the transistors are slammed alternately in and out of saturation like a class C amplifier is. I know from experience that a 2N3866 transistor can produce at least 2 watts in class C configuration if driven hard enough. The frequency will be somewhat affected by the antenna, since it is coupled directly to the resonator. The stability depends mainly on the Q of the resonator coil which should be fairly okay. It would be fun to simulate it sometime.

the subject is not technical alone. Basically transmitting is license based. Even if license is there one cant broadcast in general broadcast bands. unless he has permission to run an AM/ FM channel.
As such It would be illegal to transmit. for academic interest , one need not bother higher power. For college or test purposes
he /she has to terminate into a dummy load without broadcasting and then analyse on T&M equipments.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back