Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

long range fm transmitter

Status
Not open for further replies.

dasappettan

hai friends , i have a fm transmitter. but it has only 100 meters range.I want to increase the range to 1 to 4KMs.Will anybody help me?.I also want the working also .

Last edited:
Since you seem to be interested in Pirate Radio, simply enter those two words into your browser and there will be lots of links to the topic including circuits you can build that have higher outputs.

inductors and frequency

no. of turns, thickness and,diameter of thecoil. How these 3 things are related to inductunce?.how we can use a coil in combination with a capacitor for a desired frequency?

In what context?

A tuned circuit?

Class C amplifier?

Filtering?

dasappettan said:
no. of turns, thickness and,diameter of thecoil. How these 3 things are related to inductunce?.how we can use a coil in combination with a capacitor for a desired frequency?
What does that have to do with extending your transmitting distance? What you need is increased RF output. C'mon, it's real simple to use your browser to find dozens of URLs that provide transmitter schematics with hefty output levels. Once again, it took me all of 5 minutes to find the following circuits:

long range FM transmitter #1
**broken link removed**
**broken link removed**

Another frustrating thread!:confused:

Tuned Circuit

YA, a tuned circuit for fm band and i want to change the frequency above fm.

ie. i want to receive the signals of a television receiver through a FM radio

dasappettan said:
YA, a tuned circuit for fm band and i want to change the frequency above fm.

ie. i want to receive the signals of a television receiver through a FM radio

You need a down converter (or up converter), or rebuild (or at least realign) the radio to cover a different band.

However, as you don't have your location filled in, how is anyone supposed to know what frequencies your TV system uses?.

dasappettan said:
i want to receive the signals of a television receiver through a FM radio
Why not apply the audio from the television to modulate the FM transmitter? I don't know if I'm understanding you correctly. Not to flame you here but given your vague way of communicating your point, I'm doubting if you can successfully build a circuit to accomplish your goal.

An FM radio is made to receive the FM radio band.
A TV is made to receive TV frequencies.
Why make a complicated circuit to convert one to the other?

have u created that urself and can it trasmitt data also ? with voice . Coz i'm needing a transmitter for my project too.

sorry my friend HITECH,
I have a little knowledge in practical electronics and I started making electronics hobby circuits before 3 years.I simply assemble the circuit as shown in the hobby circuit book.I am a 4th year engineering student from india and very much interested in practical electronics.I want to increase my practical knowledge and to design a small circuit.I asked my doubts to my teachers but none can fullfill my request.

Hello friends,
Iam a 4th year engineering(ELECTRONICS & COMMUNICATION) student from INDIA.Will anybody help me help me to find a topic for seminar(Latest topic) which I have to present in my college.

dasappettan said:
sorry my friend HITECH,
I have a little knowledge in practical electronics and I started making electronics hobby circuits before 3 years.I simply assemble the circuit as shown in the hobby circuit book.I am a 4th year engineering student from india and very much interested in practical electronics.I want to increase my practical knowledge and to design a small circuit.I asked my doubts to my teachers but none can fullfill my request.
you have been assembling ckts for 3 yrs w/o knowing how do they work?? ok.atleast you found this site. post your genuine queries here . let's see what the forum can do.

hi
i have lots-of rang of long fm transmitter(1w to 500w)
and rf amplifier (1w to 500w)
rf transistor
anybody interested in this call me :) 09828204649

What? ^^^^^^:confused: This thread is over 2 years old!! Where in this solar system does that phone number connect a person to?

send me ur circuit diagram. Iam having all the circuts,

hai friends , i have a fm transmitter. but it has only 100 meters range.I want to increase the range to 1 to 4KMs.Will anybody help me?.I also want the working also .

if u send me, i can test here and send u back and i try to improve it

The range of my fairly simple FM transmitter is over 2km over a huge river valley to my very sensitive home stereo and car radio.
Its range is 300m to my cheap Sony Walkman portable radio.
Its range is 100m to my cheap clock radio.
Its range is across the street to a very cheap "radio" from the Dollar store.
So the quality of the radio has a lot to do with the range.

You forgot to attach your schematic so we can't help you.

I just came on here to ask for advice on a long range rf transmitter, although my intent is different to the original poster, I didn't think it made sense for me to make a new thread.
All I want to do is be able to transmit simple data 2km+ away to a matching receiver.
I've been looking at Radiometrix who has the longest range transmitter ive seen so far at 10km+, but I think there stuff is probably industrial/commercial use.

Last edited:
You're into some pretty beefy stuff anyway if you want 2km reliably on a license-free frequency. Depending on your location it may or may not be advisable; in most places that much power requires a license.

If you use a directional antenna, you would be able to use lower power. Operating license-free in many of the bands is permitted, with very short, infrequent transmissions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back