Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Logitech Z5500 (Classic sound system)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MeisterMuSk

Hey all, writing from Denmark.

I just found out my Z5500 is broken, and also the reason why. It seems that a pin in the 15 pin (3x5) male stick is broken :( Now the question is, is it even possible to fix? I found a matching component, but I dont know if it is even possible to change, due to the way the whole piece is assembled in the first place.

It looks like this on the outside:
**broken link removed**

And on the inside:
**broken link removed**

I found out this will do the job:
https://www.elextra.dk/main.aspx?page=article&artno=H20751

Hope you can help me out - is it possible to repair and am I looking at this the wrong the way?

Regards, Michael

Looks like a standard DB-15 PCB mounted male connector, 90 degree. Usually pretty easy to find a replacement, but looks like a bit of a bear to replace.

If your at all comfortable de-soldering connectors from a PCB, I'd go for it. Takes patience, though.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back