Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

logitech x540 rca type speakers on a home theater receiver?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Logitech speakers are little and cheap. They might blow up if powered from an amplifier with more than a few Watts.

ya the sub that powered them broke so i have no purpose for them i have a 500 watt receiver that i hooked them up too after cutting the rca ends off and splicing them. it sounds good for now, thanks for the reply i guess ill just enjoy it while it last :)

I've never dug inside a Logitech 2.1 speaker system but at the very least, I'd rig up a 12db/octave crossover to eliminate some of the lower frequencies. The sub probably utilized a 200-ish Hertz active crossover somewhere in its output stage. The 5.1 receiver's crossover frequency is probably much lower, maybe as much as two octaves below what the sub's was. Might as well make them last for a month instead of a week. :rolleyes:

alright ill try that out thanks, the speakers were 5.1 but the ends were just rca cables that plugged into the sub instead of speaker wire. its just after the sub transformer broke i had no use for the speakers and they sounded good for what i used them for just musin and xbox in my room. so far they actually sound rely good out of the receiver which is 7.1 500 watt yamaha home theater system.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back