Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

logic probe/pulser

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gaston

i have a logic probe/pulser and on the top end of it it has three small studs sticking out, the top one says pulse the middle says sq and the bottom say ext sync. i know they must be for pulsing but how do you user them. do you just touch them and the create a pulse? anyone else have one of these?

No idea, but pictures are worth a thousand words.

i took a few pic but couldn't get a clear pic up close. this is the best one IMAG0029.JPG

Do you have a scope to check it on? Should be pretty easy to figure out what does what. The only really obvious one is External sync

but they aren't buttons. they don't move. could it be that you just touch it. that doesn't seem right because it would be too easy to hit it accidently. and external sync. i guess you would have to clip a grabber hook on there?

They're definitly electrical contacts, they look like they're built to give a good grab on generic aligator clips or scope clips. Hook up a speaker too it with one end grounded. I'm going to hazzard a guess that it outputs a frequency of 1kHz or 10kHz.

your right, it outputs through the studs. well that is about as useless as tits on a bore hog. i thought a pulser outputed a pulse through the tip with the press of a button. so when your troubleshooting a circuit and the is no signal there you can pulse it to see if the rest of the circuit works

I think it's more alone the lines if you're not getting a signal where the tip is you connect an aligator clip with a point lead to the pulser 'port' and feed it into the clock or data line under test.

If the pulse output is 1khz, and you feed it an external sync of 60hz perhaps it will generate a 1khz single square wave at each 60hz trigger. I really don't know, other users are going to have to chime in here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back