Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Logic Level Compatibility

Status
Not open for further replies.

j777

I'm working on a project that uses an ATMEGA32L uC (3.3V supply) and requires a couple high current outputs. To accomodate the requirement of the outputs I'd like to use a ULN2003A darlington transistor array but my concern is that the logic levels of the ATMEGA32L and ULN2003A aren't completely compatible (VOH in particular). Since I'm just a beginner, would somebody mind commenting on the compatibility between the outputs of the ATMEGA32L (3.3V supply) and the inputs of the ULN2003A?

Datasheets:
http://www.atmel.com/dyn/resources/prod_documents/doc2503.pdf
**broken link removed**

Thanks

You should have no problems. VI(on) for ULN2003A is
2.4V max @ Ic=200mA
2.7V max @ Ic=250mA
3.0V max at Ic=300mA.

Thank you for confirming that for me. I appreciate you taking the time to look at those datasheets.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back