Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Logic control exists in LDO

Status
Not open for further replies.

alphacat

Hello,

Up until now I treated LDOs as black boxes which receive a certain voltage and produce constant (lower) voltage.

I started reading a bit about its construction and I saw it uses a Logic control.

What is this logic control for?
And what is the device that the logic control feeds?

Thank you.

**broken link removed**

Last edited:
Logic control is probably things like over-current and over-temperature limiting. Even very old regulators like the 7805 or 317 feature things like this.

The rest of the circuit is just the analog feedback path that the logic control can disable. PMOS pass transistor, voltage comparator, internal voltage reference being compared to the voltage at the feedback/adjust pin.

Last edited:
Hello,

Up until now I treated LDOs as black boxes which receive higher voltage and produce constant (lower) voltage.

I started reading a bit about its construction and I saw it uses a Logic control.

What is this logic control for?
And what is the device that the logic control feeds?

Thank you.

The logic is part of the ENABLE circuit, controlled from the Enb pin, to on/off the device.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back