Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Logic Circuits

Status
Not open for further replies.

ladyphoebe15

So i was using the 3 basic gates IC (7432, 7408 and 7404) and when i use the 7432 the output was always high but the inputs are low or simply, 0 + 0=1.why is this happening and how to solve it. I tried using different 7421 IC's yet with no changes. I would like know other tips as well inbreadbarding.

I have not used nor thought about old TTL logic for about 38 years since I used Cmos logic ever since. This must be for school work.
I remember a 7404 is a bunch of inverters and a 7408 has quad two-inputs AND gates. Google says a 7432 is a bunch of OR gates.
On the 7432, when either input is high then the output is supposed to be high. A 7421 has nothing to do with it since it has dual 4-inputs AND gates.

I also encountered problems like even though the output should be 0 which will not light the led but the led still ights up even though its a little but when the output is high, the led lights brightter.

Attachments

• g.png
    g.png
    17.5 KB · Views: 232
Is that your circuit??

Have you tried testing the chips individually? How are you powering them?

I suspect that the circuit with the hundreds of gates is built on a solderless breadboard that causes them to oscillate.
The schematic is missing many 0.01uF or 0.1uF ceramic supply bypass capacitors that helps the gates to stop oscillating.

The schematic is missing many 0.01uF or 0.1uF ceramic supply bypass capacitors that helps the gates to stop oscillating.

Good catch!

Hi

You can use Proteus for simulating the circuit directly....

I can upload the proteus file latter, If you want...

Thanks

Manoj Soorya

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back