Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Logging in

Status
Not open for further replies.

Roff

I am currently on my Asus Eee PC (a great little netbook computer).
If I am inactive on this forum for more than a few minutes, I have to log in again. If I click in the user name box, my user name is one of the options. If I click on that, my password gets filled in (it remembers me). I can then log in.
Up until a few weeks ago, I could click on my ETO bookmark, and would automatically be logged in. I don't have this issue on my desktop. I also don't have this issue with the AAC forum. It's nota big deal, but it has me baffled.

I am currently on my Asus Eee PC (a great little netbook computer).
If I am inactive on this forum for more than a few minutes, I have to log in again. If I click in the user name box, my user name is one of the options. If I click on that, my password gets filled in (it remembers me). I can then log in.
Up until a few weeks ago, I could click on my ETO bookmark, and would automatically be logged in. I don't have this issue on my desktop. I also don't have this issue with the AAC forum. It's nota big deal, but it has me baffled.

There's a "remember me" box on the page. You may have to re-check that every now and then--I have to do the same thing. Usually it's the browser that does most of the auto-fill.

There's a "remember me" box on the page. You may have to re-check that every now and then--I have to do the same thing. Usually it's the browser that does most of the auto-fill.
I check the "remember me" box almost every time.
Oh, wait, maybe I was checking the "forget me " box.:D

Does it do the same thing in a different browser?

You're remembered by a cookie stored on your computer, you've probably got it set not to store cookies?.

On IE it's under Tools/Internet Options/Privacy.

It's getting weirder.
I have always used Firefox on this computer. Cookies are enabled until they expire (I checked).
I had never used IE on this computer. It has IE6 installed. I logged on to the forum, clicking "remember me". I closed IE6 and reopened it, and did not have to log in again. Everything looked normal until I opened a thread (I tried a couple at random). The avatars were apparently normal size, but the text was so tiny it was unreadable.

WTF???

Last edited:
It's getting weirder.
I have always used Firefox on this computer. Cookies are enabled until they expire (I checked).
I had never used IE on this computer. It has IE6 installed. I logged on to the forum, clicking "remember me". I closed IE6 and reopened it, and did not have to log in again. Everything looked normal until I opened a thread (I tried a couple at random). The avatars were apparently normal size, but the text was so tiny it was unreadable.

WTF???

You don't think IE6 is a bit of an antique now? - the current version is IE9.

You don't think IE6 is a bit of an antique now? - the current version is IE9.
Indeed. I didn't even know what version it was until I started it up and checked. Maybe I'll update to IE8. IE9 won't work with XP.

Last edited:
I"m on IE7, heh!! As long as it works, I see no reason to change.

Unless you want to get a neater, faster, easier to navigate browser! Personally, I have a strong distaste for IE. It is very cluttered, not very user-friendly, and is just downright slow. I switched to Chrome, and there's no way I'm going back! :D
I've also heard great things about Opera--very fast and easy to use. If you ever find that IE is not suiting your needs, I recommend one of these two browsers.

Last edited:
I check the "remember me" box almost every time.
Oh, wait, maybe I was checking the "forget me " box.:D
I see a small box near the password, If I mark it, then I need not type my password when I come back here.

Last edited:
I see a small box near the password, If I mark it, then I need not type my password when I come back here.
I checked that box dozens of times, but I still had to click the User Name box before my name an password would show up.
I finally solved the "problem" by deleting all the ETO cookies that I could find. Apparently I missed at least one, because I have not had to log in even once since I deleted them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back