Logging in

Status
Not open for further replies.

Roff

I am currently on my Asus Eee PC (a great little netbook computer).
If I am inactive on this forum for more than a few minutes, I have to log in again. If I click in the user name box, my user name is one of the options. If I click on that, my password gets filled in (it remembers me). I can then log in.
Up until a few weeks ago, I could click on my ETO bookmark, and would automatically be logged in. I don't have this issue on my desktop. I also don't have this issue with the AAC forum. It's nota big deal, but it has me baffled.

There's a "remember me" box on the page. You may have to re-check that every now and then--I have to do the same thing. Usually it's the browser that does most of the auto-fill.

There's a "remember me" box on the page. You may have to re-check that every now and then--I have to do the same thing. Usually it's the browser that does most of the auto-fill.
I check the "remember me" box almost every time.
Oh, wait, maybe I was checking the "forget me " box.

You're remembered by a cookie stored on your computer, you've probably got it set not to store cookies?.

On IE it's under Tools/Internet Options/Privacy.

It's getting weirder.
I have always used Firefox on this computer. Cookies are enabled until they expire (I checked).
I had never used IE on this computer. It has IE6 installed. I logged on to the forum, clicking "remember me". I closed IE6 and reopened it, and did not have to log in again. Everything looked normal until I opened a thread (I tried a couple at random). The avatars were apparently normal size, but the text was so tiny it was unreadable.

WTF???

Last edited:

You don't think IE6 is a bit of an antique now? - the current version is IE9.

You don't think IE6 is a bit of an antique now? - the current version is IE9.
Indeed. I didn't even know what version it was until I started it up and checked. Maybe I'll update to IE8. IE9 won't work with XP.

Last edited:
I"m on IE7, heh!! As long as it works, I see no reason to change.

Unless you want to get a neater, faster, easier to navigate browser! Personally, I have a strong distaste for IE. It is very cluttered, not very user-friendly, and is just downright slow. I switched to Chrome, and there's no way I'm going back!
I've also heard great things about Opera--very fast and easy to use. If you ever find that IE is not suiting your needs, I recommend one of these two browsers.

Last edited:
I check the "remember me" box almost every time.
Oh, wait, maybe I was checking the "forget me " box.
I see a small box near the password, If I mark it, then I need not type my password when I come back here.

Last edited:
I see a small box near the password, If I mark it, then I need not type my password when I come back here.
I checked that box dozens of times, but I still had to click the User Name box before my name an password would show up.
I finally solved the "problem" by deleting all the ETO cookies that I could find. Apparently I missed at least one, because I have not had to log in even once since I deleted them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…