Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

loading problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

geekydude

my project is a "data acquisition system"
where a temperature sensor is connected to ADC-0804,which is connected to 8051-P89V51RD2...and 8051 to LCD-JHD162A to display the temperature....

when i dont connect 8051 or LCD the voltage is shown correct at GND and VCC ie.5V
but when i connect either of them voltage drops to aroung 2.2V and thus both dont work..
there is no problem with ADC bcos voltage with and without ADC is correct(5V)

i have remoed almost all other components to find the fault..
can there be a problem in crystal?

plese help...

Start with just the 8051 in the circuit. Get that working first. Then add the LCD. When that works add the sensor.

When a device draws too much current the supply voltage drops. I expect you have one or more wiring errors. Or a very current challenged power supply ;)

A schematic may help. Is this a board you wired or etched? Schematic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back