Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

load failure warning

Status
Not open for further replies.

mltj74

i was woundering if anyone knew a circuit that would light up a led when a load quit working like say a pump quit working

what kind of pump/motor ?

normaly you have thermal overload protection with auxilary contacts that you use for a indicator light or alarm

or you need a status indicator (on/off) light
than you switch it with the contactor contact

Robert-Jan

its a 12 volt fuel pump and i would lie to use it on some 3 way valves also if anyone of these failed it could cause some major damage i would just like a indicator light in my cab to let me know one of them failed

mltj74 said:
its a 12 volt fuel pump and i would lie to use it on some 3 way valves also if anyone of these failed it could cause some major damage i would just like a indicator light in my cab to let me know one of them failed

its just the motor that you want have an indication or is it if one of the valves failed that you want to have an indication??? or both??
Robert-Jan

both so i would like a circuit flexable enough to use with both making 3 or so different circuits for each load wouldnt be a problem

mltj74 said:
both so i would like a circuit flexable enough to use with both making 3 or so different circuits for each load wouldnt be a problem

Or do you really want a final control element alarm when there is lack or low fuel pressure? A pressure sensor would give the best overall alarm that something is wrong, without having to have several sensors to detect problems on individual stages and parts and peices of the system.

Lefty

pressure gauge is no good the light or alarm would be going off all the time theres no pressure differnce between big mess and normal operation and yes they are solenoid valves

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back