Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Load Current Sensing

Status
Not open for further replies.

threewheeler7

If i where driving a small dc brushed motor from an hbrige, what would be a good circuit to sense when the motor drew a certain current (maybe set by a small pot) and would output a logical 1 when it reached that draw? i hope i made that clear enough.

The simplest way to do active current sensing is with a sense resistor. The voltage drop across a known low value (couple ohms max) power resistor can be fed into an amplifier (if need be) and then a comparator and set to trigger at whatever current value you want. Simple active constant current devices work much the same way, only without the comparator. You need to supply a lot more details about exactly what you're trying to achieve and describe and preferably post schematics for any circuits you're using.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back