Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

load cell simulator

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrolih

I need a diy load cell simulator to test an instrument for 1.2 tons scale. Is saw such instruments on the internet, but they are very expensive, so i want to build one by myself.
I would like to build something like that.

**broken link removed**

Marjan

Hi - Assuming the load cell is a strain gauge, all you will need are 4 resistors and a potentiometer in a bridge circuit. The values will depend on the strain gauge resistance and load range you want to simulate.

If the load cell is not a strain gauge then you need to determine the load cell output signal and simulate that. (it could be voltage, current, duty cycle etc).

If you need high accuracy, use switched precision resistors instead of the potentiometer.

Ron

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back