Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

LM741 op-amp input

Status
Not open for further replies.

darvaish

what is minimum input voltage which LM741 op-amp can amplify when used as an amplifier

I tried to find this in datasheet but there is maximum value but not the minimum.May be its given in the form of some other parameter or i am unable to understand so plz help.

actually my pressure sensor MPXM2202AS can give me output proportional to input pressure in the range of 0 mV to 20 mV.This a differential output voltage.I want to use LM741 to amplify this output.

Any suggestion or consideration to be taken care of for this amplification

if that was a national part they would have given ten different ways to hook it up..
**broken link removed**
since nothing will happen to either part by hooking it up to the inputs of the 741 .. connect the Vminus output to Vminus input.. and Vplus output to the Vplus input and see what happens..

Opamps also have an input offset voltage spec. For most cheap opamps like 741 or TL071 it is a max of 6mV. Which means if the sensor gave a zero output voltage and the opamp has a gain of 1000, its output voltage will be anywhere from negaive 6V to positive 6V, each opamp would have a different voltage.

You can null the input offset voltage with a trimpot connected to the opamp, or just purchase a more expensive opamp that is laser-trimmed in the factory for low offset voltage.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back