Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

LM567CN tone decoder

Status
Not open for further replies.

premohag

I have wired an astable 555 timer circuit and it is oscillating at 100 KHZ. I want to use a LM567CN tone decoder to detect a square wave signal as part of my project. I am confused on how to do this. I have a schematic of the LM567. I'm not sure how to interface the two.

It depends on what you're doing.

Are you using an ultrasonic traducer?

You might need a pre-amplifier depending on the strength of the signal.

No, I want to wire a push button to a transmitter and 555 time oscillator circuit. The oscillator is going to ouput a 100 kHZ square wave signal. I want the tone decoder to detect the square wave signal. If it doesnt detect the square wave signal at that frequency then it wont trigger the receiver.

If you want to do that then why do you need the oscillator and tone detector circuits?

Surely just a piece of cable will do?

Just connect the NE657 input to the NE555 output. You might need to use a couple of resistors as an attenuator, I think the NE567 will be overloaded if the input is too high, look at the data sheet.

On thing to consider is that the NE567 output (pin 8) is an open collector that will need a pull up resistor. When the tone is detected the output will go low.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back