Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

LM393 Voltage supply

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beki

hey guyz im having a problem with the dual supply for LM393, Im trying to build a power supply which will supply the two comparator with -12 & +12 volts but im only getting +12 V. im using two regulators 7912 and 7812 but only 78 type is giving +12. im not sure if its the way i connected the 7912(pin configuration).The full brigde that i have used is the one that comes in IC the AC inputs ~ and the DC outputs - +. i have tried to provide the circuit diagram

Attachments

• New Microsoft Word Document.doc
    26.5 KB · Views: 114
Hi.

The caps C1 and C3 is probably way to small for rectifying purposes (unless load current is very small). Try C1=C3 >= 100µF

Also, your 7812 is not connected to ground.

Last edited:
I never open a Word Document. Please post the schematic as a PNG file type.
Do you have a center-tapped transformer?

I never open a Word Document. Please post the schematic as a PNG file type.
Do you have a center-tapped transformer?

Copied from Word Doc and converted image.

Attachments

• AAesp01.png
    AAesp01.png
    8.4 KB · Views: 151
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back