Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

LM3916 Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Teh0therside

I'm using an LM3916 to drive an LED VU meter and have a question about the LM3916 output pins. Is it possible to add 4 or 5 LEDs to the output pins without modification? I'm driving the circuit with a 12V supply so it seems like adding them in series might be best, especially because the output pins seem to be current limited. Is this a safe/smart move or do I need to add more components to add more LEDs?

Thank you

Since the outputs are current regulated, you can indeed add more LEDs in series.
Yes, but within the limits of the power supply voltage and the forward voltage drop of the LEDs. 12V may not be sufficient for 5 LEDs in series.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back