Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

LM3914 expanded range for low voltages

Status
Not open for further replies.

M0GJD

I would like to use an LM3914 display driver to monitor the outputs from sensors that have a range from 0.1 to 0.9 volts so in simple terms a 0.0 to 1.0 volt readout in steps of 0.1 volt would be ideal.

I can find plenty of information on using the LM3914 for expanded ranges that are well above the internal reference source -there are examples in the National Semiconductor data sheet itself- but nothing about expanded range displays for small voltages.

I would be grateful for any guidance as to how the job can be done and an idea of how to calculate the required component values.

Thank you.

Spec. it; what small voltage in for what indication out [the Vin/Vout curve], plus any other constraints (tempco, accuracy, etc.)?

Last edited:
just amplify the input signal to match the LM3914 circuit you are using.

Boncuk

The LM3914 can be set to 1.25 volts full scale by;
ADJ=0 volts, connect RefOut to RHI. (RefOut=1.25 volts)

To make full scale=1.0 volts add a 2.5k resistor from RefOut to RHI. Now RHI=1 volt.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back