Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

lm386 quick/easy test circuit?

Status
Not open for further replies.

spitso

hi all

I have built the circuit shown below (audio amplifier using lm386). Replaced the chip today after i had destroyed the last one due to stupidly supplying wrong voltage polarities. I also added a diode to protect it, but as i connected it the chip gets hot aswell theres was smoke that came from the diode. 12v.

Is there an easy test circuit i can use to determin if me ic has blown again?
Anyone might think of the problem?

thanks

Attachments

• main-image.gif
    main-image.gif
    850 bytes · Views: 508
If you got the power backwards (happens to everyone) you usually blow the chip, sorry. Get a new one.

The lm386 probably went right after the diode.

The simple gain of 20 audio amp shown on the spec sheet is about as simple test circuit as you could make.**broken link removed**

Spitso,
The schematic that you attached didn't appear. Please attach it again so we can see what it is missing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back