LM358N driving me insane

Status
Not open for further replies.
So your using a 40KHz carrier, but I am wondering what your max modulation frequency is.

good question
no idea, will have to test the circuit as I have no knowledge how to calculate it ... I expect I'll get 6KHz and I believe I do not need more then that..

National Semi's very old and lousy LM324 and LM358 opamps are spec'd and guaranteed with a supply down to only 3.0V and their very new LM4562 is spec'd and guaranteed with a supply down to 5.0V.

I have solved the problem .. adding few more resistors (trimmers actually) solved it.

I have added a 7660S so now I'm powering the op-amp's with +-5 .. just to be on the safe side as I'm pretty sure audioguru knows his op-amps

In general, the "Heisenberg" point audioguru gave was pretty clear to where my problem lies. The circuit now works with 5V supply alone, but I have added 7660S afterwards so now the total power is 10V....

now I need to build everything else but other parts should not be a problem as it is all digital from here on

audioguru, I thank you again for the "right to the point" explanation.. I'm learning again it feels good

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…