Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

LM35 (DZ) problem with output

Status
Not open for further replies.

geobabu

Hi,
Please help me regarding the problem facing with LM35 (DZ) temperature Sensor interfacing. Normally the LM35 provides an o/p @ 10mV/°C .

I had connected a LM35, V+ to 5V, and with a DMM , Vout pin shows around 2.7V ~ 2.85V, while I am expecting around .26 ~ .29mV @ room temperature. Other thing is when the temperature increases , the voltage is gradually decreasing and vice versa. When I connected a 1K resistor across, Vout & GND, the 2.7V ~ 2.85V range reduced to ~ .54, its decreases as temperature rises.

Also I didn't connect the o/p to any other device like opamp/ADC.

I got the same results with another sensor also. I think, something wrong over here. Please help me to find out the issue.

Thanks in Advance.
Geo

Is the LM35 ground terminal connected to circuit ground? Post a schematic.

Check the pins. I'm betting you reversed Vcc and ground.
It's possible the ones you tried are not dead yet.

no.. its not reversed. and I connected as simple as mention in the datasheet for the Celsius Centigrade measuring
Pin 1 -> 5V
Pin 2 -> Vout (now connected a 1K resistor to the GND)
Pin 3 -> Power supply GND

I don't have any lm35's right now, but I remember this happening: me getting confused by the angle of the which-pin-is-which illustration in the datasheet, and reading several volts from Vout. The chips were connected to 5V and did not die. If all else fails, try it.

Pin out of LM35Dz

Attachments

• LM35pins.png
    LM35pins.png
    11.8 KB · Views: 984
thanks Mike for sharing the image. Yes, same pin connection only I had followed. and Vout pin gives ~2.7V @ room temperature.

Are the parts form National or from a Chinese Copy Cat?

NS's symbol is there on the flat surface.
If its a perfect one, it will only give around ~.25V at room temp. with this simple simple connection , am I correct ?

a mistake I committed when using the LM35 before is that the figure provided by MikeMl is seen from ABOVE rather than BOTTOM. That means a world of difference.

his supplied image is BOTTOM view

lm35pins-png.51931

Dave

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back