Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

LM3410 High Power SEPIC LED Driver with PWM Control & OVP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mattaus

Hi all,

First post...please go easy on me :)

I wish to build an LED driver based around the LM3410 IC. I have built simple drivers based on this IC in the past, however the circuit I have now is considerably more complicated than I am used to, and before I invest time in determining suitable components, I would like it 'reviewed' to ensure I am the connectivity correct.
CgLydHN.png

Basic specifications and some notes:
  • VIN = 3V to 8.4V
  • VOUT = 7.5 to 11.5V
  • ILED = 1.5A max (PWM dimming used to control the LED strong brightness).
  • Configured to work as a SEPIC driver with OVP built in.
  • The 3.3V zener diode is there to ensure that the LM3410 IC is receiving a suitable input voltage.
  • The two squares with "L" in them are the inductors (I got lazy when I made the components in Eagle)
  • The farthest to the right diode (pointing up) and R6 form the OVP circuit.
  • The LED's are not actually depicted in the diagram above however they go where I have written "I = 1.5A". They are a string of 3 series connected HB LEDs.
There are a smattering of component values in the diagram above as I am still going through my component selection, however all I would really like to know is if the circuit is connected properly. So basically, if the circuit is connected as described above, will it (should it) work? I think it's correct as it's more or less taken straight from the examples provided in the datasheet. Obviously component selection will dictate the success of the circuit but I'll worry about that once I know it's setup correctly!

Any advice or corrections would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

- Matt

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back