lm324

Status
Not open for further replies.

wael_73

plz any one can help me

Does anyone know if the LM324 is a good substitute for (ls404 and tlc274 ) or not ?

Does anyone know if an apple is a good substitute for oranges or bananas??

The lousy old LM324 has a couple of benefits that the slightly better LS404 hasn't.
The TLC274 has a couple of benefits that the LM324 hasn't.
The LM324 has a couple of benefits that the TLC274 hasn't.
The LS404 has a couple of benefits that the LM324 hasn't.

You see, it depends on what is important in the circuit and you forgot to show the circuit.

Notice that the 3 different quad opamps look exactly the same.
Do you think they taste the same??

I think the ceramic DIPs taste better than the plastic DIPs, but that's just me. Lead free is good too.

You don't need to chew surface-mount ICs. Just swallow them whole while they are still alive.

At a food store my wife won the biggest lobster I have ever seen and tried to cook alive. But I won't say more about it here.

lm324 again

iam working in repair electronic card and i have ls404 and tlc274 in the card

iam asking is LM324 a good substitute for (ls404 and tlc274 ) because i don't have these ICs and I think one of them is fail so can I replace them by lm324

can any one tell me how can I detect if that ICs (ls404 and tlc274 ) are fail or not ?

Last edited:
It depends on the circuit.
An LM324 is very slow. The LS404 is faster than a very slow LM324.
The TLC274 is much faster.

The LM324 is a completely different quad opamp than the originals.

can any one tell me how can I detect if that ICs (ls404 and tlc274 ) are fail or not ?
If they are being used as plain old amplifiers, then the + & - inputs DC voltages should be near equal at all times and usually at half the supply voltage (Or zero if using dual supplies). Now if the + is higher than the - by more than say apx 10mV (You'll find this in the datasheet as the max input offset voltage) and the output is NOT near the supply (+) rail, then the opamp is defective. If it is near the (+) supply rail, then something else in the circuit is bad or the circuit is set up as a comparator. If the + is lower than the - by more than say apx 10mV (You'll find this in the datasheet as the max input offset voltage) and the output is NOT near the supply (-) rail, then the opamp is defective. If it is near the (-) supply rail, then something else in the circuit is bad or the circuit is set up as a comparator.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…