Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

LM324 as comparator

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bavananth

I have 2 values of dc signals (less than 1.8V and greater than 2.3V ) coming through a line. I wanted to make 5v when I receive "greater than 2.3V" and make 0V when I receive "less than 2.3V". I thought about using an LM324 as a comparator .(The schematic given in the data sheet is attached). But it doesn't work. Could somebody help me please?

Attachments

• LM324_comparator_testcircuits.pdf
    22.6 KB · Views: 6,806
Bavananth said:
I have 2 values of dc signals (less than 1.8V and greater than 2.3V ) coming through a line. I wanted to make 5v when I receive "greater than 2.3V" and make 0V when I receive "less than 2.3V". I thought about using an LM324 as a comparator .(The schematic given in the data sheet is attached). But it doesn't work. Could somebody help me please?

hi,
When you say it dosnt work, in what way dosnt it work.?

If the LM324 and the voltage-setting pot have a supply voltage of 6.0V and the output has a load that doesn't draw more than 2mA then the output high voltage is about +4.8V.

Thanks It worked. I connected a 3.6Mohm between the earth and the Input(pin 3 and 11). But I don't know the reason.It accidentally worked.(When I connected a voltage meter between the input and earth to check the input voltage it worked as I expected. But when I removed the meter it failed. So I replaced V meter with a high resistance :) ) ??? Just leave this. Thanks again.

Bavananth said:
Thanks It worked. I connected a 3.6Mohm between the earth and the Input(pin 3 and 11). But I don't know the reason.It accidentally worked.(When I connected a voltage meter between the input and earth to check the input voltage it worked as I expected. But when I removed the meter it failed. So I replaced V meter with a high resistance :) ) ??? Just leave this. Thanks again.
hi,
Did you try to test it initially without POT2 being connected.?

If POT2 was in circuit the 3.6M:eek:hm: should not have any effect.?

Use the LM339 or LM311 as a comparator rather than the LM324 which is a low-power low-speed op-amp not a comparator.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back