Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

LM324 advice...

Status
Not open for further replies.

ken3983

I gave up on using transistors for my project.I'm building a shotgun mike and was wanting to use a LM324 op amp.Does anyone knoe where I can get a schematic or circuit for a high gain low noise amp?If anyone know if there is a transistor circuit that can help...that will be appreciated as well.I'm looking for high dB gain.Trying to boost the signal coming from a microphone to a preamp then to a power amp.

-Ken

ken3983 said:
I gave up on using transistors for my project.I'm building a shotgun mike and was wanting to use a LM324 op amp.Does anyone knoe where I can get a schematic or circuit for a high gain low noise amp?If anyone know if there is a transistor circuit that can help...that will be appreciated as well.I'm looking for high dB gain.Trying to boost the signal coming from a microphone to a preamp then to a power amp.

For a start dump the LM324, you want high gain and low noise, neither of which the LM324 will give you. There are plenty of high spec opamps intended for low noise, high quality, audio use - try things like the OPA2134.

You might also try looking at **broken link removed**.

ken3983, look into the LM387, this is perfect for your mike preamp. From there you can drive the final stage.
Hope this helps, Derek

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back