Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Lm2917

Status
Not open for further replies.

iz3dmq

Hello to everyone.
sorry if i'm opening another post about LM2917; sorry again,I'm Luca From Verona , north Italy , i asking if someone can halp me to convert my anemometer with magnet and reed contact , with an easy LM2917/14 pin.
i've found something here but only for AC waves and LM2917/8.
i have some LM2907/8 too,...
please if anyone can help me with a picture of schematic diagram.
bye and hello to everyone

**broken link removed**
has a picture for something that might be useful, didn't look too closely, so you'll have to decide for yourself

Hello and tks for your reply.
i'm trying to see it not too closed , but i have a 14 pin and i don't know like i can connect the others.
than , i see a magnetic pickup that probably gives an AC not from zero reference.
i have a reed contact , i could connect a resistor to the power of 5 Vcc and the other side to the ground , than pick up the contacts from the reed.
do you think that i'm doing a good job? or it s better use another resistor from the ground the the second terminal of my reed?

bye and tks
so long:)

Hi Luca,

From a different angle and perhaps easier to build is to get hold of an old VCR , photocopier or printer, light running steppermotor, and attach it to the anemometer propellor, and drive an electronic speedo from a car with it.
You get impulses directly proportional with the windspeed.

I have an old Holden speedo cluster which works of 12 Volts. An extra pin at the speedo requires a pulsetrain which you might be able to collect from the steppermotor, and directly read the windspeed in km/h. As extra bonus is that you get actual kilometres recorded as well on the odometer.
You may need to use a schmitt trigger to clean up your pulses and a 4017 to get the pulsecount correct.

This example is an idea I have already for quite a while but haven't had the time to implement it yet.
I know that the speedo works very precisely when the steppermotor is turned around by hand.

Regards and good luck with the project ,
Raymond

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back