Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

LM1877 2.1 CH Amp/ Interace with Summing Amp

Status
Not open for further replies.

andrew.grimm3

I need to design a 2.1 ch amp using the LM1877. I understand how to get my values for the left and right channels but I am required to use a summing amp to interface both the left and right channels to the inputs of the summing amp and then construct a low pass filter on the output of the summing amp to then therotically drive a subwoofer that is designed to respond to lower frequency's. No filtering is required on the output of the left and right channels.

You can make a simple summing circuit with 2 resistors or make an audio mixer with an opamp.
You can make a simple lowpass filter with one resistor and one capacitor but it won't do much or you can make an active 2nd-order or 3rd-order lowpass filter with an opamp and some resistors and capacitors that works good.

Usually when there is a sub-woofer the stereo amplifiers are fed from highpass filters.

Like you or someone else in your class was told in one of these forums, the LM1877 is a very low power stereo amplifier IC. You will need a more powerful mono amplifier to drive a sub-woofer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back