Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

LM 723 Power Supply Schematic Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

bryan

Wanted to use this schematic, but the max voltage is 40v for a LM723. The transformer I have is a odd one and I can't find the specs. But I have been able to determine by trial and error that on the secondary there is 2- 19v to a center tap so that make it 38v or around 55v with a bridge rectifier and a capacitor. From the web link it references the zener diode regulator on Pin 12 to keep the voltage at max 39v to protect the LM723. Will this be sufficient for my transformer to work with the schematic without frying the LM723. I see that that pin 11 of the LM723 would connect to the 40+ rail.?/. Is that a concern, can't find much on the datasheets to this point.

**broken link removed**

From page 3 on the web link

- Transformer T1: The voltage coming from the 30Vac transformer is 30x1.44pp = 43.2 V. The LM723's maximum voltage is 37V. The circuitry connected to pin 12 of the 723 takes care of that and brings the voltage down to a safe level. If you don't need 10 amps or 30V, feel free to change it to whatever you like. Don't know if you can obtain the amperage with that low voltage. You may have to shop around. Otherwise get the 5A or 8A type. More than enough juice for most of our applications.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back