Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

LM 723 Dual PSU

Status
Not open for further replies.

aubunnz

Hi everyone,

I would like to build an LM 723 dual PSU, does anyone possibly have a schematic or a project stashed somewhere in a back issue of a magazine, I know Elektor featured a lab psu like this sometime back? I did build a LM 723 single rail supply but I have on occasion found the need for for '+ & -) supply rails and as I am familiar with the LM 723 why not take it a step further. In case you are wondering why I don't use the more simpler LM 317& 337 which is a lot easier to put together, god knows there are heaps of these circuits available on the web, I guess I prefer to stick with the LM 723.

Maybe it is possible to take 2 identical circuits and transformer this into a dual bench top supply, however my knowledge doesn't extend to design unfortunately.

If you could help your assistance would be appreciated.

Aubunnz

Hi there,

Dont they have any reference designs on the data sheet?

What kind of current and voltage output are you looking for?

Last edited:
hi Aubunnz
Look at this 723 datasheet, you will have to dust off the cob webs, both positive & negative supplies.

Attachments

• LM723.pdf
    470.4 KB · Views: 330
LM 723 Dual Lab PSU

Hi,

Thank you for your reply. I have in the past made reference to the 723 datasheet but I must be honest I am no designer all my results are basically trial and error, I must say I have been successful this far. I build PSU for the sheer fun AND love of doing so. The last supply I built was a single rail supply capable of delivering variable voltages upto 30V and easily 30A when tested with a 2n3055 electronic load. I figured for a challenge to try something a little different this time a symmetrical PSU with tracking god forbid. Do you possibly have the expertise to point me in the right direction?

Regards

Aubunnz

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back