Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Lm 324

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lahari

I want to know what is the highest voltage output from a LM324? Is it only 3.3V when supply is single supply 5V? If yes then please suggest a opamp IC which can give output voltage 4-4.5 V for 5V supply. If it would a CMOS opamp, then it will be better.

I want to know what is the highest voltage output from a LM324? Is it only 3.3V when supply is single supply 5V? If yes then please suggest a opamp IC which can give output voltage 4-4.5 V for 5V supply. If it would a CMOS opamp, then it will be better.

hi,
The LM324 will limit on the output at Vss-1.5V.

Look at the MCP6002, dual rail to rail OPA, Vss=5.5Vmax, they are not expensive. There is a range of rail to rail OPA's available.

Last edited:
hi,
The LM324 will limit on the output at Vss-1.5V.

Look at the MCP6002, dual rail to rail OPA, Vss=5.5Vmax, they are not expensive. There is a range of rail to rail OPA's available.
Thank you for your reply. What is the output of MCP6002? is here Vout=Vss? is it a cmos opamp?

Thank you for your reply. What is the output of MCP6002? is here Vout=Vss? is it a cmos opamp?

hi,
Dougy has covered the data sheet.
I thought I should point there is a quad version MCP6004 which is pin compatible with the LM324

thanks to both of u....MCP6004 is really helpful in this case. The link containing the datasheet which Dougy gave has name as 21733j. But in internet I have found several datasheet for MCP6004 named as 21733h, 21733f, 21733d. Each of these contain different number of pages. But each n everyone contains the datasheet of MCP 6004. what is the main difference in between these?
Another question is there. It is said that MCP has rail to rail input/output. what does it mean? what is the advantage of this?

thanks to both of u....MCP6004 is really helpful in this case. The link containing the datasheet which Dougy gave has name as 21733j. But in internet I have found several datasheet for MCP6004 named as 21733h, 21733f, 21733d. Each of these contain different number of pages. But each n everyone contains the datasheet of MCP 6004. what is the main difference in between these?
Another question is there. It is said that MCP has rail to rail input/output. what does it mean? what is the advantage of this?

hi,
As explained the output voltage of a rail to rail OPA can swing to within 25mV of the supply, so for a 5V supply the output can swing to 5V - 0.025V say 4.95V.

Most regular OPA's output swing is only too Vs - 1.5V, so an LM324 output with a 5V supply cannot be higher than 3.5V

The advantage of the input also being rail-to-rail is that the op amp can operate in the follower configuration (Av = +1) with both input and output going rail-to-rail.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back