Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Little Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

ODIN'S DEN

Two questions: 1) In theorical terms,what would happen if the frequency of a signal increases, the signal voltage at the output side of a coupling capicitor?

2) For a transistor operating normally in an operational circuit, the emitter current?

if any one can help me with this questions i'll greatly appriciated.

Your questions are rather vague.

1. capacitive reactance reduces as the frequency increases, so the output voltage will increase with frequency at first and then remain constant at higher frequencies.

2. I don't understand this question at all. Do you mean what will happen to the emitter current when the signal frequency increases? If so, the DC current will not change.

Len

ljcox said:
Your questions are rather vague.

1. capacitive reactance reduces as the frequency increases, so the output voltage will increase with frequency at first and then remain constant at higher frequencies.

2. I don't understand this question at all. Do you mean what will happen to the emitter current when the signal frequency increases? If so, the DC current will not change.

Len[/quote
The two qeustions are multiple choice: 1) In theorical terms, as the frequency of a signal increases, the voltage at the output side of a coupling capacitor:A) increases-B) decreases-C) remains the same-D) is dependent upon the dc bias applied to the capacistor.

2)For a transistor operating normally in an operational circuit, the emitter current: A)is opposite in direction from the collector current- B)is opposite in direction from the base current.- C)equals the collector current minus the base current.- D)equals the collector current plus the base]

ODIN'S DEN said:
Two questions: 1) In theorical terms,what would happen if the frequency of a signal increases, the signal voltage at the output side of a coupling capicitor?

2) For a transistor operating normally in an operational circuit, the emitter current?

if any one can help me with this questions i'll greatly appriciated.

The two qeustions are multiple choices: 1) In theorical terms, as the frequency of a signal increases, the voltage at the output side of a coupling capacitor:A) increases-B) decreases-C) remains the same-D) is dependent upon the dc bias applied to the capacistor.

2)For a transistor operating normally in an operational circuit, the emitter current: A)is opposite in direction from the collector current- B)is opposite in direction from the base current.- C)equals the collector current minus the base current.- D)equals the collector current plus the base

I suspect the "correct" annswer to number 1 is A. But, the conditions are not defined. The answer could be C, depending on the frequency, the value of the capacitor and the load impedance on the output side of the capacitor.

As for number 2, the answer is D.

JimB

If you are posting this because you are writing an exam, and you need an answer to a school question, then you are learning electronics the wrong way. We (or at least I) learn from hands-on experience.

As for the first question, I can't pick an answer because you are not specifying what components are attached to the other end of the capacitor. If it is just a hanging coupling capacitor, then the other end would most likely be 0 volts because it can't be charged without both leads in action.
If DC bias in choice D refers to the next amplifier, then D is my answer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back