Little Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

ODIN'S DEN

Two questions: 1) In theorical terms,what would happen if the frequency of a signal increases, the signal voltage at the output side of a coupling capicitor?

2) For a transistor operating normally in an operational circuit, the emitter current?

if any one can help me with this questions i'll greatly appriciated.

Your questions are rather vague.

1. capacitive reactance reduces as the frequency increases, so the output voltage will increase with frequency at first and then remain constant at higher frequencies.

2. I don't understand this question at all. Do you mean what will happen to the emitter current when the signal frequency increases? If so, the DC current will not change.

Len

I suspect the "correct" annswer to number 1 is A. But, the conditions are not defined. The answer could be C, depending on the frequency, the value of the capacitor and the load impedance on the output side of the capacitor.

As for number 2, the answer is D.

JimB

If you are posting this because you are writing an exam, and you need an answer to a school question, then you are learning electronics the wrong way. We (or at least I) learn from hands-on experience.

As for the first question, I can't pick an answer because you are not specifying what components are attached to the other end of the capacitor. If it is just a hanging coupling capacitor, then the other end would most likely be 0 volts because it can't be charged without both leads in action.
If DC bias in choice D refers to the next amplifier, then D is my answer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…