Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Little Help with Eagle

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am hopefully in the process of trying to actually print my first PCB. I have successfully built the circuit in eagle schematics but have a few questions regarding to switching to board mode.
When i click switch to board mode , i proceed and move the circuit components to the layout area. Once thats done using a combination of auto routing and manual movement i get things where i want them to be. Once Eagle draws in the blue traces, is it still possible to move a component and have eagle redraw the blue traces ? I have moved a couple of things and the blue traces become very messy and it wont let me delete them ?
Another concern is that i printed the circuit on paper just to see what it looks like and the traces are very small, i realize that there are many options in the design rules but unless i am changing incorrect settings nothing happens when i apply the rules ? Can someone just attach a design file for hobby printing ? Can one change the design rules anytime thru the process, maybe i am doing it in the wrong time ?

Thanks

Pete

1) When I want to move a component, I select a box around the component's terminals and RIPUP, right-click.
2) Design "rules" can be changed at any time, but it doesn't change the traces already placed. When you run DRC, it'll tell which traces are in violation. You have to change them yourself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back