Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Little Gem, First Project, Need assistance

Status
Not open for further replies.

jred789

Recently I decided that I was finally going to learn how to play electric guitar after years of wanting to learn, but never having the time to learn or the money necessary to actually purchase my first instrument. I decided that I was going to actually learn how to play at least to some degree prior to purchasing anything else equipment wise. While reading Make magazine a while ago I saw they had a cracker box amplifier I thought that this would be perfect, since I was playing my guitar through the microphone jack on my sound card, and recently loss the ability to for some reason after upgrading to the newest version of Ubuntu. Regardless I have followed the schematics as best as I know how according to This, This, and This

I purchased all my parts at radio shack and decided to dive right in. I know my soldering is atrocious, it will get better with practice. I have finished putting everything on the board and making all the connections. I plug in my guitar, headphones, and the 9v, just a light fuzz, no sound. My original guitar cable is a 1/4'' stereo to 1/8'' mono so I replaced the 1/4'' input and outputs with 1/8''( I also wanted to use headphones instead of a speaker).

the input and output are stereo, so I just attached the wires to one of the positive connections. When it did not work I attempted to connect both of the positive connectors together so that I would get a simulated stereo output.

Here are the photos of my project so far,

I have checked the joints and there does not seem to be any wrong connections, which leads me to believe I read the diagram wrong. I am using a board with predrilled holes and unconnected copper circles on one side, as opposed to the premade PCB board that the run off groove website uses.

Thank you for the help.
Jred

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back