Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

lithium powered radio control car

Status
Not open for further replies.

fingers

I'm doing a uni project making a solar powered radio controlled car. The solar panel i have is 6V 600mA. I want to have the solar panel constantly charging lithium batteries (as these are very light!). These batteries need to be connected to the speed control, which i have, which in turn is linked to the motor and the reciever/servo.

Does anyone know what bateries to use, how to charge lithium batteries, and what i need?!

fingers said:
I'm doing a uni project making a solar powered radio controlled car. The solar panel i have is 6V 600mA. I want to have the solar panel constantly charging lithium batteries (as these are very light!). These batteries need to be connected to the speed control, which i have, which in turn is linked to the motor and the reciever/servo.

Does anyone know what bateries to use, how to charge lithium batteries, and what i need?!

For a start (as I've said in a previous thread) measure the performance of the solar panels - the specification will be the absolute maximum available - think noon, Sahara desert!. Under normal conditions, particularly in England!, output will only be a fraction of that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back