Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Lit an LED wirelessly

Status
Not open for further replies.
To fully light a red LED you need 1.9*20mA = 38mW so if you manage to achieve an efficiency of 10%, 380:mu:W isn't going even be visible,

Badar said:
What if i wanna use IR or RF instead of a laser
ir has to be basically "line of site" to work, and rf would work better. just search the forums for "fm transmitter", last i saw, audioguru had a good one, apparently with good range and quality.

RF is quite good, I've got an LED to glow from quite some distance (didn't measure it).

IR would look good as you can't see the light exciting it.

I have heard of people using that property of LED's with microcontrollers to detect if someone was touching the LED, so kind of making a switch.

things said:
ir has to be basically "line of site" to work, and rf would work better. just search the forums for "fm transmitter", last i saw, audioguru had a good one, apparently with good range and quality.

As i told earlier i m juist a beginner and don't know from where to start.Yet i don't want you people to tell me everything and i do nothing except to copy your circuit diagram to PCB and present it to my teacher.
I just want to know from where to start.which term or statement will give me my required thing if i google it.
I have searched for the fm transmitter in the forum and found what you wanted to see me.
But the problem is that i want to know both about transmitter and reciever (or sensor) and it is just a transmitter.

will the led be plugged in to an external power source, then you just want to turn it on remotely. or is the led going to be "powered" wirelessly? what kind of range do you want, is it going to be line of sight or around corners and stuff?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back