Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Lit an LED wirelessly

Status
Not open for further replies.

Badar

I want to turn a LED on and off wirelessly.
How can i do that.I need full description or circuit diagram.
Any help is highly appreciated.

I can think of several 'wireless' mediums to transmitter the on/off signal, kind of depends on the range, the enviroment (indoor/outdoor), line of sight, obstructions, destructions... Some cost a lot more then others. There are really a lot of ways to do this, please be specific.

*It's killing me not to type a stupid remark about what you mean by LED, and the region you are from. Sorry, but don't know if you have a sense of humor about such things.

Make a spark gap transmitter with an automotive ignition coil and you can detect the output with a small pile of iron filings wired in series with your LED, battery, and a current limiting resistor.

Shine a laser pointer on an LED that has another LED connected to its leads. The second LED will light. Amaze your friends.

Shine a laser pointer on an LED that has another LED connected to its leads. The second LED will light. Amaze your friends.

Will that really work?

Build an LDR circuit (Light dependent one-when the light comes the LED turns ON) focus the LASER beam into LDR & the output LED will be lights up.
You can adjust the LDR sensitive according to the LASER light available.

Marks256 said:
Will that really work?
I wonder if it is working.. :D
If you focus the laser beam on a LED, maybe the LED looked turn on. But zevon8 said another LED will be light on? Interesting.

Marks256 said:
Will that really work?
yes it will, LED's act like solar panels when you shine light onto them, so hooking one led to another and shining a laser at it will work.

things said:
yes it will, LED's act like solar panels when you shine light onto them, so hooking one led to another and shining a laser at it will work.
Wow, I have never heard about that.

just get a laser, a water clear led of the colour of the laser, and a standard led. wire the led positive to the positive of the other led and so on, shine the laser onto it, and it should light the opposite led:D

the reason to get an led the same colour of the laser is that if you shine a red laser into a white led, the light has to get through all of the stuff that creates it, and also the efficiency changes

Thank you all for your comments.
I've a little knowledge of electronics.But didn't do anything about wireless.
I want to insert some sensor circuit on my switch board having buttons to turn lights and fans on and off so that i have a remote control and when i press a button on the control a particular light should turn on and off.
As i don't have any experience with sensors or remote controls i just wanted to start it with this little project(may be).
When i press a button it sends IR or RF to a sensor attached with a LED 2mm in dia and it turns on.
I want a circuit diagram and its description if possible.

just google for ir activated relay or something along those lines. jaycar sells a kit that does this kind of thing

You probably need a pretty powerful laser though, I don't think a 3mW laser pen would be enough to light a standard red LED.

Hero999 said:
You probably need a pretty powerful laser though, I don't think a 3mW laser pen would be enough to light a standard red LED.
a 3mw laser would probably just light the led, but not very brightly. i don't know for sure because i have only used a 30mw and 20mw green laser to do it:D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back