Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Listeroid Diesel

Status
Not open for further replies.

bryan1

G'day Guy's,
Well as the title says I'm going to buy a 10hp or 16hp one and as we have been of the grid for 10 years this will bring a new life to charging our batteries.

These lister clones are made in India and the advise is to clean out the casting sand which does mean fully stripping the engine which aslo gets one to know all about it.

Now since I did my first inquiry I have had a heap of info and I can provide 3 you tube clips so here they are.........

First run of an unpacked 10/1 listeroid

Next well a quiet one

And on my Q about auto start a gut that tried using compressed air

As one can I am keen to get one and although I was going to form up the concrete slab I got told to hold off until I get dimensions. Anyway for sound providing I'll be using sheep skins rather than expensive insulation panels.

Now my source of the motor is

For a say 3K purchase I do think this will be the best decision I ever made too

Regard Bryan

Last edited by a moderator:
Cool stuff Bryan. :)

Re the soundproofing, the low freq exhaust noise will go right through sheepskins. You need multiple panels of high mass with an airgap between them.

Probably the best solution for the low freq exhaust noise is a second muffler, with thick steel walls and a large internal volume. You can also use that as a water heater if you put a jacket on it. :)

It looks nice, seems to vibrate a lot more than a Lister though.

Two layers of board 2"-3" inches apart with coarse sand between insulates sound quite well.

As in the one video, and underground expansion chamber/silencer is almost silent, but a large car silencer in a sand box also works well.

Very interesting choice though, the most likely choice that comes to mind is a Kubota, Yanmar or chinese copy of them.

Hopefully it will be as reliable and long lived as a genuine Lister.

Hey Roman nice of you to reply mate the way things are going I'll have that engine here in 3 weeks or so, as I do expect my mate to pay what is needed on the job I'm on. As far as the sound proofing goes yea that will be a test and if the noise levels are too great I'll build a new shed away from the house and jut run some beefy cables up to the charging room. With using a 3x3mm magnet I finally might be able to put one of the circuits you kindly gave me and I never used.

Well off to pack the van and looking forward to the job that will get this dream happening

Regards Bryan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back