Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

list of all logic ics please...

Status
Not open for further replies.

ace.neerav

i am making a software to simulate logic circuits. i need a list of all logic ics with their pin configurations. can someone please link me to it?

Neerav

hold on! what link have u given me? i dont understand where the data sheet is. can u give me a directly link?

Search for TTL or CMOS, there are 100's of logic gates. SN74xx or CD40xx will be a list of common types. It's a pretty major task.
Also check the TTL cookbook and CMOS cookbook by Don Lancaster.
Why would you want to write a simulator for parts that are slowly vanishing?

Last edited:
its not a college project. i have a drop and am killing the free time being productive. if things go well i can pretty much convince my profs to accept it as my fourth year BE project. i am doing electronics and telecommunication engineering.

i am trying to make a logic circuit simulator. am gonna make it for sequential logic circuit first and then for combinational.

if i want to show it as a college project then i got to work it from bottom to top. besides i got 2.5 years to complete it.

Hi neerav,

you might select an IC-manufacturer directly and download family data sheets.

Here is an example:

Welcome to STMicroelectronics (ST-Microelectronics)

There you select <Logic, Signal switches>. This selects the logic families.

Further you can select 3.3V logic, 5V logic etc.

getting to 5V logic you might select HCF: CMOS 4000B series.

Clicking that you get the entire HCF-series as a list. Click each item to download the data sheet.

Hopefully the 1 1/2 years suffice to get the data sheets fed into your simulation models.

Boncuk

Ive noticed that in Multisim you can view the model data for each component. It might be cheating a bit, but youd save a huge amount of effort by extracting the ICs and model data from existing sim software, decoding the model algorithims and useing that for codeing your own sim. Dont know where you would stand with copyright though. Perhaps its generic and not a problem, and only for your own use.

well if i select any one manufacturer then will it cover all the ics that there are?

like say ic 555. from what i know from my lab work is that ic 555 is made my one particular manufacturer. do other manufacturers also make these ics. i alteast wanna cover all the standard ones.

i know ic555 is not a logic ic. just gave an example

Here's the Digital Logic Hanbook from Texas Instruments (all 794 pages, in the atachment). Good luck!

Attachments

• Digital Logic Handbook TI.pdf
    5.9 MB · Views: 423
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back